Thursday, August 10, 2006

Salad envy... yes I said SALAD

Anyway just gotta get this off my chest... I HATE WOMEN WITH THEIR PERFECT SALADS WITH RANCH DRESSING... okay.. I walk into the lunch room yesterday at work and one my co-workers is happily monching on her perfect out of a commercial salad that was swimming in full fat ranch dressing.. ughhh I haven't been eating very healthy lately so seeing a salad really gets me, I've actually been CRAVING salad.. go figure.. mybody knows what's good now... THEN I'm watching t.v. last night and that Hidden Valley Ranch commercial comes on with that girl eating her commercial perfect salad swimming in full fat Hidden Valley Ranch dressing as the world moves around her and she doesn't have a care in the world BECAUSE SHE'S EATING MY SALAD! ughhh anyway.. I made a salad today for lunch, however, it's no where commercial perfect looking and I barely had anything to put in it AND I have no full fat Ranchdressing... oh well...

1 comment:

The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

Oh, I don't even bother with that bottled Ranch shit. Make it homemade, baby. Full fat mayo mixed with as much buttermilk as you need to thin it out to the consistancy you like. Sprinkle with parsely flakes, a bit of garlic, some salt and pepper. Let it mingle in the fridge for a few hours and you've got yourself heaven on a bed of greens. Toss in some grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, red onions, black olives, bell pepper, shredded cheese, hard boiled egg, and top it with a hearty helping of sliced almonds and you've got yourself a meal to die for!! (and lose weight on to boot!)