Wednesday, July 19, 2006

2 miles straight, my MP3 player, and my proudest conversation with Dylan

Well I ran a full 2 miles today without stopping, then walked a few miles with the girls at the park district. I wanted to stop at the gym and get in some running because I had an hour to kill before I had to meet the girls and I just kept pushing myself "another 1/4 mile" and eventually at 2 miles I felt like puking and I had to do some sort of cool down so I could get on the road to meet the girls! It was great, I feel great, all is well.

Tim bought us MP3 players for the gym and that's been fun loading songs on them and I really think they help me run and keep my mind off what I'm actually doing.......... K I L L I N G M Y S E L F!!!! ahh it's all good... I would really like to be at 3 miles by Labor Day as a part of my Labor of Love Challenge on the Lifetime WW chat room.

And lastly, which *should* be firstly, but it happened over last weekend so it's not quite as fresh as my run 2 hours ago... I had this awesome conversation with Dylan. I can talk to him about anything and the same goes with Leif too. I had that type of relationship with both my mom and my grandma so I cherish the fact that anything goes with my conversations with Dylan and Leif ESPECIALLY now that they are both getting older. Anyway the highlight of this particular conversation was me telling Dylan that he wasn't a mistake. I think it's important for him to know that his dad and I weren't two stupid kids that made an oops.. we WANTED him.

No comments: