Friday, September 14, 2007

my hair rubber band return system

Yes.. one day over 12 years ago I recieved the best invention ever.. and I got it free. This machine provides the best service a girl could ever need. Here is how it works. I go to workout and every day I pull a hair rubber band out of my work out bag. Over the years I've cycled through pastel colored ones, flat ones, round ones, plain black ones, etc. Now all I have to do it pull the band out of my hair and throw it on any counter top, one in the bathroom, kitchen, a table will work just as well.. breakfast bar.. coffee table.. whatever. Just throw it on a surface. Now during the night I will hear many sounds coming from the depths of my home and giving that our last home was over 3,000 sq feet and built in the late 1800's I normally did not hear all the noise that this machine would make over the course of a night fixing to return my precious cargo to it's intended place. In my new house, built just 4 years ago of PAPER where you can SEE through walls.. of course I hear every noise within an 8 hour span of the machine doing it's work throughout the night. The noises sounds like this... mrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwahhhhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrweeeehhhhhh mmmmmuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrwoooooowwwwwww it goes on hour after hour like this... sometimes it's met by my husband or I yelling from our slumber SHUT UP or actually getting up and slamming the door.. hence the machine does not like to be yelled at or locked out of any room in our house so the machine must come to make amends. Somtimes the machine will come bring you the rubber band or other object it has found to return, just to show you in good faith at 2 am that indeeds it's doing it's job. As you awake, trying to adjust your eyes in the bright morning sun you stumble down the stairs, let the dog out, turn around and low and behold THERE IT IS. My hair rubber band returned to it's place. My cat's food dish of course, that is where it belongs.. but ohhh no it does not stop there. From time to time somehow within a nights work my rubber band does not get returned to it's intended place. I've never been sure where they go UNTIL LAST NIGHT. Yes, I was looking for another item in my home and decided to pull out the stove and fridge from their tight little homes in our kitchen.. low and behold I found 28 hair rubberbands and probably 20 or so little fuzzy balls that my cat plays with! AH HA! So my free gadget isn't always perfect after all.. oh well.

No comments: