Sunday, October 28, 2007

The war on credit card debt AKA the 2nd jobs we took on to pay off our debt

Soooooo Tim and I started our new 2nd jobs this week.. wow what a disaster my first 2 nights were... all totalled I wound up only making around $50 in tips. The first night I just shadowed another waitress who conviently was leaving for the Phillapines for 3 weeks... I was told later that they do that pretty often.. basically wait until the last minute to hire people. anyway.. so here I am on my first day without someone showing me how to do everything and basically taking the bull by the horns. I basically don't know how to anything.. never waitressed a day in my life... my swipe card got activated wrong, therefore I had many screw ups including the kitchen not getting a few of my orders, one of my orders taking 40 minutes that consisted of chili and nachos, my computer freezing when said customers who had to wait 40 minutes for chili used a credit card to pay for their bill, among a slew of other things happening and then it got dead and I caught up and it wasn't so bad! lol! go figure. My first night my feet and back where hurting within minutes. I couldn't imagine having to wait until 1 am to go home but I finally made it through. The 2nd night I had bought new shoes and was definately in better shape and had also brought advil in case my back started hurting.. which it did promptly an hour before closing, but I had bought Tylenol PM to take when I got home so I could sleep..

Okay.. other than all that.. all in all the job isn't too bad. I'm liking it. I guess if I had gone to work for any other retail type establishment I wouldn't be making tips or anything so if I bring home $40 per night on top of my hourly pay.. it's not taht bad.. now Tim.. he's got the good job.. jerk! lol!

No comments: