Wednesday, February 27, 2008

wishing on a star...

well.. there it is.. I'm feeling guilty for dealing with such pettiness in my life over the past two weeks when two of my girlfriends are dealing with their dads dying before them.. their daddies, their rock, strong men who raised them... one daddies little girl, one not even close.. but both dealing with the terms of their sentence.. each conversation important, each moment away from them missing what life is left excruciating.. each trying to grasp at straws, and keep their chins held high.. and then again this week.. another woman I know who sadly lost her father in the same manner as the other 2 girls found out her best friend.. a girl she's known since she was 4, the godmother to her first born... her best friend's condition was announced today loud and clear and the news not good. we forced her to leave, to go home, to take some time for her.. to deal with this, to do what she needed to do.. and again.. tonight I'm wishing on a star now for 3 women who maybe don't invade my everyday life, but as these days wind down for them I will keep them in my thoughts and hope that at the end for them what is needed to be said has been said.. as this is a blessing in a sense that they do have time to open their hearts, speak their minds, and hopefully have no regrets after all is said and done.. after all.. it's not too late.

To the three ladies who have some way or form been there for me in my life, I love you, I'm here for you, I'm thinking of you and your families.

No comments: