Friday, July 16, 2004

The war of the home improvement stores!!!

Well.. in my last post I mentioned going to buy a fire pit.. well.. This is something that SHOULD HAVE taken ohhhh maybe an hour.. plus returning two things to another home improvement store and grocery shopping.  They are all on the same street so they are all close.. Okay.. so we start the day (moving very slow I got a pretty bad sunburn at the pool the other day, so I'm a little tired and hurting) around 11am we leave the house.  We drive to the new Lowes by our house.  I have never been to one so I figured they would have the fire pit of my dreams.  I am imagining this huge store with one HUGE section of just fire pits.. yea, 4.  All pretty much the same as every other store.. one round, one square, one on wheels, one you can hook up to a gas propane tank to start it, one fire place... okay.  ALL TOTALLY INSANELY PRICED.. yea, forget it.. next store.. okay.. Sears.. 1 fire pit.. OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED.. yea, next store.. Home Depot.. Okay, I know they got at least a few... yea, 3 months ago they did, now they only have one little stack of all the same one.. a big round one.. and again.. big price tag.  Okay.. next store.. Meijer.. Okay.. they have two.  One small one for $79 (I wanted to spend like $50) and a large round one on wheels for $99.  Fine boys, go to the storage shed and pull me out a large one! Okay.. dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo do duh duh duh duh ta ta ta ta ta do do do ddo do do...... yea, 20 min later they return with a small one.. okay forget it, we'll take the small one.. oh yea, let's do our back to school shopping (Dylan goes back to school July 26th, year round school rocks except I'm missing all the good back to school sales by a month) Okay. So $140 later we leave with my beloved FIRE PIT and around $60 in school supplies.. school supplies have sure gotten friggin expensive.. Okay the time is now 12:45... I'm hungry my son is thirsty.. okay where do you want to go.. there is every restaurant known to man on this one strip... okay let's go to White Castle.. whatever.. I'm hungry could care less.. ohhh wooops there's a Burger King.. Kid loves Booggar Sling, gotta go there.. Okay, it's closer.. cool.. HE WINS.  Nice..  So we eat.. Now I'm really really tired.. It's now 1:15.. okay.. on to Menards.. (right next to my grocery store, but down the road around 3 miles plus construction from all the other places we went to first).  We return a screen door that was too big and a solar light we bought that already broke.  Okay, lets get the new screen door and oooohhhh lookey there... MENARDS still has a HUGE HUGE HUGE selection of FIRE PITS.. and oh... look how cheap they all are... DAMN IT.  Of course the one I originally wanted a month ago is still  here, $10 cheaper, but I could have bought the friggin thing a month ago and been doing better things with my child than dragging him to every HOME IMPROVEMENT store around!  Okay.. so we buy the door and the fire pit.. okay.. now do we go to the grocery store next door then take the first fire pit back on our way home, or do we just go back to Meijer where I can do my grocery shopping for a little more $$ and return the fire pit.. Yes, Okay.. just do that.  We'll go to Meijer.. OKay.. return the fire pit get back $85.12 in cash.. do the grocery shopping, go to pay, mental note, need cash for the way home.. oh yea, they just gave me $85.12 and it costs $40 to fill the tank, plus money for Tim's poker night.. ok... Yea, your total is $85.35!!! Geez, I have not additional cash on me.... so I had to write ANOTHER check for the day.  Tim's entire week check is now blown on school supplies, a new door, a fire pit, gas, poker night, a few groceries needed for our block party bbq, go carting today, and a lunch BOOGGER SLING.  Nice..oh yea, time on return to home.. 3:10pm.. now what the hell took me so long to get a fire pit, grocery shop, eat lunch, and stop for gas.. geez!

No comments: