Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sometimes reality DOES NOT bite!

Okay.. folding laundry last night... watching tv... waiting for my ww walking friend Carolyn to call me to go walking. She said she couldn't go until later, I had laundry to do, so I figured I would get that out of the way and then we could go walking. So I'm standing there folding, and she calls me and says she is just getting home and wants to eat some dinner and will call me in about a half hour to go walking.. and it dawns on me.. it's been 3 full months that I've been on WW and I just can not believe not only my success, but Carolyns, and Sarahs success. We started together and we are still in this together. We have added new people along the way, but the 3 main people are still going strong. I'm in shock. None of us have fallen off, or given up, we've all loved it, stuck to the program. It's just great. It was a complete smack in the face.. and what is strange to me is that it doesn't feel like a diet, it just feels like ok, this is it, this is my life.. this is the way it will be... is very empowering.. I know that I still have at least 13 more lbs to lose to my goal, but that is the farthest thing on my mind in comparison to a normal diet where you are constantly thinking "ok only 5 more lbs to go, then I'm off this diet" or "only 6 more weeks to go" or whatever.. it's not like that.. very strange.. maybe there is some kind of signal that is sent to our brain from ww to reprogram us. I don't know.. whatever it is, it's working and I love it!

No comments: