Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 24

Well it seems that I have not had anything major happen in my life recently to blog about.. so I'll just tell ya what I've been up to. I'm finally back on Weight Watchers full fledged! 24 days and counting.. I'm down 9.4lbs. I started at 161.4 and today I'm at 152 even. We're having dinner at Maggiano's on Thursday for my sisters birthday and I managed to save every flex point from last week for dinner that night! Tim left over the weekend for his brothers bachelor party, sounds like he had a blast. Instead of doing my normal cleaning when he's gone, I said fuck that and decided to just let the days take me... which turned out good and actually busy enough to keep me occupied during my time alone. I don't do well on my own.. definately not. I like to have someone else with me, especially Tim. Instead I wound up spending Friday night with my mom who was also a bachelorette for the weekend. We had a great dinner on the Woodstock square and hung out at her house laughing and talking for an hour or so after that. It was a great night out just the two of us for a change. Thursday night I dropped Tim off then went over to my parents house and spend some time with my dad. I had asked him to help me work on my car so we did that until my mom got home from work.. so I had some time alone with him on Thursday as well doing something my dad loves to do! So that was cool. Saturday.. wow.. where do I start.. this is where time sped up and slowed down depending on the time of day and what I was doing. Saturday morning I woke up and wanted to get out of the house to work out, so I took my bike and rode out to Crystal Lake and back.. around 18 miles total.. then I ate breakfast, played on line.. checked flight tracker to see when my MIL flight was to land (I was picking her up for her stay here for the bridal shower on Sunday) so it was 10:50 she was due to land right at noon and the flight tracker said she was landing at 11:30!! What EARLY?? THAT NEVER HAPPENS.. so I quick jumped in the shower, got out, got dressed, started making a sandwich for lunch and she called! I jumped in the car and was worried about getting to O'hare because there was a Cubs game and the Air/Water show in Chicago that day.. I figured I'd get stuck in traffic.. but once I got on the express way it only took me 20 minutes to get to the airport, pick her up, and get back on the express way. We decided to hit Bed Bath and Beyond on the way back home so we could both get our gifts. They did gift wrapping there, so we didn't even have to wrap the gifts! awesome! :) I dropped her off at Jeff's (she was staying there while he was gone and using his car) and she jetted off to see her parents. Anyway.. I went home hung out the rest of the night watching movies, playing on line, walking my dog, talked on the phone to a few friends, etc.. it was great to just HANG for awhile. Sunday I woke up and got to the gym early.. it was pouring down rain, no bike ride was possible... ran, burned 300 calories and called it quits.. it amazes me whenever there is a man next to me at how many more calories they burn in a little amount of time! The guy next to me was elderly had only been on 25 minutes, was walking under 4mph and had burned over 500 calories! I was so ticked.. whatever.. it is what it is.. it takes me at the least 26 minutes (that's 1/4 mile walking 4mph followed by continuous running) to burn my 300 calories! Insane.. so then I ran home, tried to get Blue to go potty outside.. no go.. took my shower, got ready.. again tried to take Blue out.. it was still raining enough that he wanted nothing to do with being outside. Left picked up Tim's mom and Tim's cousin, drove to the shower, hung out until after 5pm drove back to Jeff's house, unloaded all the gifts, then drove home and then walked the dog! Again another night of playing on line, watching tv, went to bed around 11 until Tim walked in.. talking about his trip, his sunburn, it was itchy.. go get the solarcain, etc.. now it burns.. he jumped in the shower, I told him to take benadryl.. he was up until past 3am itching and definately NOT SLEEPING and keeping me up.. so today Wednesday I'm finally feeling rested again! Insane how one night of staying up throws off a majority of your week! lol!

No comments: