Monday, August 27, 2007

Kevin, you have me in AWE!

OKAY.. let me start at the beginning by saying I know NOTHING about Kevin.. absofuckinglutely nothing about this guy.. he went to college with my neighbor Quint, grew up in the Waukegan area, his father is a fire man, he's 6'3" and an engineer... beyond that I know not what type of car he drives, if he's married, has a girlfriend, is a swinger, is gay.. seriously.. I know nothing.. but in the time that I met/spoke with him (maybe 15 minutes) he completely had me in total A W E.. and if you know me, you know not many people can put any type of shock into me. But Kevin is where the buck stops... seriously.. ME UDDERLY SPEACHLESS? Here it is.. he begun a weight loss journey the day after superbowl.. so February 5th (2007) to last Saturday August 18th (2007) he has lost 100lbs! Just decided one day I'm done being 325lbs.. I'm gonna do this. When he told me he hit the 100lb mark just 7 days prior to me meeting him my only question was "did you cry"?? somehow a full busy noisey party got really quiet and waited for his reply and he said "no, it was just something I knew I would do, like graduating college, I was just doing it" WOW WOW WOW. I guess it just goes to show you that the old "attitude" really is mind over matter in cases like this. He went from 325 to 250 and was still losing easily so he just kept at it... when you calculate it out, it's 3-4lbs per week, which really on a 325lb guy isn't really an insane amount of weight.. it's just to do it in 6 months?? Amazing.. just totally amazing.

No comments: