Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BLOCKS of time

This entire pregnancy has looped around blocks of time. everything has been measured in blocks. the first few weeks after I found out I was preggers I just couldn't wait for this baby to be here, so I could meet her, raise her, and send her into the world as fast as possible. I kept thinking to myself "just get me to Thanksgiving" and then later "just get me to Christmas and then once New Years comes time will go faster"... sure enough my next time I was looking for past New Years was our trip to Cozumel. Tim's grandma got sick and 2 weeks slid by rather quickly and we were sitting at the airport waiting for our flight before I knew it.. and back even faster.. a week gone. a trip to the ER the next day some grocery shopping and we were back to work and into February already. Crazy stuff at work and March approached and each ultrasound or midwife appointment would be a next "just get me to" day. Well here I sit upon another one of those days "just get me to March 27th" it was going to be an u/s day but that fell through, but the other exciting part of the day is I'm putting my son on a plane to AZ for his spring break. His spring break is an interesting one because he'll spend 2 days in AZ and the rest of the days driving his car back home to Chicago. He should be sliding in on April fools day just in time for my next "just get me to" day.. his 16TH BIRTHDAY!! He'll also be bringing home my puppino!!! My little Blue man has been another part of my blocks fo time. My pregnancy has been split up perfectly by his vacation. The first 3 months he was home, the second trimester with the snow blowing and me afraid of every piece of ice he was out in Arizona with my dad soaking up the sun, and now my last trimester he'll come back to get me back out in the sunshine walking around our neighborhood. I can't believe he'll be back in 9 days!! I kept thinking "once he comes back I'll have a great big belly"!! Also, the days getting shorter and now longer has been another block of time for me. I keep thinking once we get to the longest day of the year, my favorite day of the year June 21st I'll be past my due date. sighhhhhh it's all coming together.

On another note, I have to say has been very strange.. I don't want to say these things out loud because I'm sure once I type them out all these things will happen within the next 24 hours. I haven't been sick, I have had no leg cramps in the middle of the night, I've had very little heartburn, and I only puked on the boat in Cozumel. It's been pretty good.. even though I dream of being the preggers girl who sits with a huge bucket of ice cream on my big belly, gaining 100lbs during my pregnancy instead I'm the girl who lost 20lbs and only gained back 14lbs during my first pregnancy and this pregnancy I lost 16 lbs and only have gained back roughly 9lbs. There really hasn't been a day I haven't been super happy, haven't felt great, or really even had just a "rough" day. But like I said, mark my words.. tomorrow this will all change..

Tomorrow is my Gestational Diabetes test.. sigh. I have 4 out of 5 factors of the ladies that get GD. I'm over 30, I have PCOS, my dad is a diabetic and I was overweight when I got pregnant (still am). I'm doing the best I can with my Bradley/Brewer diet, swimming/walking as much as possible. I've been reading that Fish Oil helps stabilize blood sugar and I take my awesome Carlson Labs fish oil every day. Stay tuned...

No comments: