Sunday, August 15, 2004

Bluuuuueeeeeee.....

I wish I had a camera, or a web cam right now because if you all could only see my perfect little peanut boy laying in my lap sleeping while I play on the net....you would all be in love with my BLUE!! My baby/puppy-in-a-box was delivered safe and sound (of course there is a story there) and we have had a fun weekend bonding and playing. He comes when I call his name already, so I'm sticking with BLUE! Blue is my favorite color, and he is blue colored, and he has a blue blanket and a blue collar and leash! lol! Funny stuff.

Okay.. so Friday I leave work at 1:15 racing out of the parking lot, I had to drive from Elgin to Mundelein to pick up my son at 2:15 so we could race to the airport to pick up the puppy. The puppy was supposed to land at 3:24pm.... sooooo.. I'm driving and I get a phone call from my mom, she asked me when I was going to pick up my puppy because he was already there! WHAT he isn't landing until 3:30!!! So of course, somehow she had gotten a message from Northwest Airlines saying they had my dog and were waiting for me to come get him... WHAT! Umm okay.. give me the phone number (a whole bunch of bs later including trying to track down my son at his school, and everyone on the planet deciding to call me during these panic attack minutes....) so I get ahold of NW Airlines and yes, they are perfectly calm and just curious what time I'll be there.. when I explain I'm in Mundeliene picking up my son from school they sounded as if maybe they should call the animal cruelty on me for ignoring my new babe! I was freaking out and yelling "HE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE UNTIL 3:30" and the lady on the other end was calmly telling me that the girls in the office cleaned out his cage and played with him and that he was soooo tiny and he was resting... okay.. but "WHY IS MY DOG ALREADY HERE!! IT'S ONLY 2PM???" "oh, we don't know.. maybe because of the hurricane they put him on an earlier flight" umm okay.. so they say "okay, well we'll be here in cargo station waiting for you" "WHERE, WHAT IS THAT? HOW DO I GET THERE? NW AIRLINES TOLD ME TO GO TO THE BAGGAGE CLAIM" "ooooohhhhh he he he ho ho ho nooooooo... you need to come to the cargo station" "OKAY GIVE ME DIRECTIONS.... WHAT MANHEIM SOUTH, TURN RIGHT ON 19, AND THEN NOTHING IS MARKED.. OH GREAT... RRRR.. HOLD ON THERE IS A BUS PASSING ME I CAN'T HEAR YOU" "are you a suburban kid?" "YES WHY?" "I grew up in the city and directions and buses never bother me, but my son, suburban kid, calls me screaming when he gets lost" "WHAT, OKAY.. WHATEVER, LET ME REPEAT WHAT I SCRIBBLED DOWN"... Okay, so finally my son had to find me in the school yard because as usual I was a nervous wreck and couldn't figure out which door he told me to go... and we jump in the car and RACE to get the babe.. poor Dylan.. that kid deserves a NOBEL peace prize for keeping the PEACE! He is one of the few people that can chill me out exactly when I need it! lol!! Anyway, I think I scared the poor kids with my PEDAL TO THE METAL, SWERVING, SWEARING, BRAKE POUNDING driving.. but we made it to the outside of the airport and luckily the directions go us to where we needed to be (Dylan and I high fiving the whole way at our unbelievable luck) and we parked in front of this huge warehouse building and walked in... and there we finally got our baby.. all blue and perfect and a shivering pile of puppy!! Dylan like a proud PaPa leaving the hospital with his first born rushed to open every door and carried everything.. I carried my babe!! Dylan got in the car and layed a towel on his lap and cradled the baby all the way to my office where for an hour my entire office cooed over my perfect little guy... all the while trying to come up with a name for him... I think we eventually had around 30 names.. and it finally came back to the original name.. BLUE...

No comments: