Friday, December 18, 2009

The Bradley diet

so I'm on a modified diet called the Bradley diet. It was designed by a dr back in the 60's who put 7,000 women on this diet while they were pregnant and the results were amazing.. there was a super low rate of toxemia and other pregnancy complications. Of course, I'm trying to avoid toxemia and gestational diabetes so this is right up my alley. The diet basically says you have to eat 2 eggs a day and a quart of milk a day. I eat those 2 eggs, ready to throw up from the second I grab the fork to eat them. Ew. The milk.. well that's another story. I get at least 8 oz every morning on my way to work. I mix it with unsweetened cocoa in my little magic bullet blender and sip that on the way to work. It's a yummy sugar free drink. I eat yogurt and cheese throughout the day to get the rest of the dairy. I just can't stomach a glass of milk for some reason. Ohhh and chicken.. omgsh.. forget chicken! there was 2 weeks I was able to eat Jewel rotisserie chicken and I've been able to get chicken nuggets down but that's it. We can't make chicken at home.

As far as the whole craving thing.. I don't get them.. not even for sugar. It's amazing. I do ask for extra pickle on things.. but I've always done that. No change there. I just like pickle.

Other than that I'm pushing along. 14 weeks this Sunday. I found out that not only is Kim/Frank from SSL preggers but Susie/Erik is 4 weeks ahead of me and Kristie/Sean are 4 weeks behind me.. pretty cool to be the sandwich in between.

Also I had Heather/MIke due 10 days before me, Carrie/Gary 5 days before me, Angel/Dave 5 days after me, and Katie/Eric 4 weeks after me. Heather and Carrie miscarried which really stinks. I'm pretty upset about both of those considering I'll now feel like an ass any time I'm around them with my new baby. I can imagine they will be thinking of themselves should be holding their brand new babies as well.. sigh. total suckage.

I made my 3D ultrasound appt for Jan 16th to find out the sex. Tim's parents will be in town that weekend and we've asked them to come with us. It sounds pretty fun! lol!

Tim and I are planning a BABYMOON (as my sister told me it's called) our last trip before the baby is born. We'll be homebound for a few years so we figure this is the easiest way to get out while we can. We are looking at applevacations (as usual) specifically Mexico!! :)

Not much else going on.. I still don't feel preggers. Sometimes I feel the baby move a bit especially at night when I lay down to go to bed. Of course, Dylan's fav time to get up and party. lol! I'm still wearing my regular clothes. I got some belly bands yesterday. They are just strips of fabric that go around your midsection to hold up jeans if they are unbuttoned or to cover your belly when your shirt doesn't cover it.. and then later when breastfeeding it acts as a double so you can be more discreet while feeding the baby. Pretty neat stuff! :)

No comments: