Sunday, December 27, 2009

How did ur SO find out u were preggers?

this was a topic on CAFEMOM. I'm going to copy my story here.

My first time around my BF was standing outside the bathroom waiting for me to come out then we had to stand for the full 3 minutes to get the results.. that was 16 years ago and planned...

THIS TIME.. ohh boy. I have PCOS so my periods are somewhat sporadic.. it's not uncommon for me to be 10 days late or more. This scares my husband more than anything in the world so now I've just settled for having a few extra pregnancy tests under the sink just to check and make sure. In October things were different.. my back was sore one day, my boobs were always tender.. and I kept teasing my hubbie that he "got me preggers".. he normally laughed and walked away.. when my period was 5 days late and making everyone else in my offices period late, we were all bouncing around ideas why they were late. We came up with the weather change.. umm ok.. so onthe way home that night I decided to stop at Walgreens and pick up a few tests because I was out. I figured I better check just to be sure. I got home and my husband is making dinner, only becasue he had a meeting to attend an hour later. So he's out back grilling and I figured I'd take a test really fast, get that done and move on with my life. This pregnancy was not planned, so I had every intention of it being negative like every other time in the last 13 years of my relationship to my hubbie. I peed on the stick, I'm pulling up my pants and trying to put the stick down on the counter and the plus sign is already showing up.. SHEEEEER PANIC! holy cow holy cow holy cow.

I wash my hands and watch the plus sign just get darker.. I'm shaking... I open the bathroom door and realize that there is about 20 steps between me and the sliding door to get outside to my husband and I actually didn't think I could make it that far. I get to the door and my husband is out in the yard.. so I open the door and step out and call him to me.. he starts walking towards me and I realize that our neighbors doors are all open (we live in townhomes). He gets to me and I said "we have to go inside" and he's mad "I have to cook dinner, I have a meeting to get to" NO JUST COME INSIDE WITH ME. geez. so he comes in and I thrust the test forward on the kitchen counter at him. He says "ohhhhh" THAT'S IT!

Our entire conversation was like this me "what are we going to do?" DH: "what do you want to do" ME: "I won't have an abortion" DH: "I wouldn't let you have one" DH then leaves the room to go get the chicken off the grill and I start crying my eyeballs out and call my mom. I was sooo scared and very angry. I've never not planned anything in my life. My mom got me calmed down, but it took her a full 2 hours. DH came home and skyped his parents in AZ (we live in Chicago) and told them.

I walked into work the next day and waited ohhhh exactly like 24 minutes before I was bursting at the seams to get it off my chest.. so I walked in my bosses office and asked her if she got her period and she said "yeah.. umm a couple days ago, why" ME: "ohh I was just going to tell you not to wait for me" and I burst into tears! lol! I'm such a dork! I know. lol!

No comments: