Sunday, December 06, 2009

Wow.. I've missed almost a year!!

Well, I've been blogging at my other blog but I gotta say that the biggest reason I've not blogged is plain and simple. I've been busy. Since going back to work a year ago I've been having issues finding time to fit things back into my life. I don't know why, but I just can't figure out how to work, grocery shop, make dinners, pay bills, etc.. I had to drop couponing for good, it's just too time consuming for me. But the biggest news has to got be that I'M PREGNANT!! 12 weeks exactly today, I'm due June 20th. A total shock, a total oops.. but I'm an oops baby and things seem to turn out pretty awesome with oops babies. At some point in time every mother figures out why they recieved the "oops" baby.. I really don't care, I want this baby and I know that Tim wanted kids. I knew someday he would be upset that he didn't have any babies of his own.. the thing is I said for YEARS I didn't want one driving and one in diapers.. and here we are.. one driving and one in diapers. sigh. Such is life. It's like someone was listening to that, be careful what you think or say out loud.

Anyway.. I've planned a homebirth but in order to keep my midwife and have a homebirth I have to make sure that this pregnancy stays a healthy pregnancy. No preeclampsia no gestational diabetes. So with this I am on a modified version of the Bradley diet. Basically sort of like Atkins. Protein 80-100mg per day, 2 eggs per day, 1 quart of milk per day, veggies, fruit, 1 grain per day.. anyway.. I had to cut out sugar, white bread, starchy veggies.. so I've lost 15.8lbs as of right now. With Dylan I lost 20lbs but I don't know how fast it happened. I was also very sick with Dylan throwing up all the time. I haven't yet thrown up with this baby but I'm being told my nausea and weight loss is part of the same morning sickness even if I'm not throwing up. Being pregnant raises your metabolism, cutting out sugar, and I'm working our more consistently so I guess the 15.8lbs makes sense HOWEVER I just found out that ketones are like poison for babies developing brains.. sigh. I can't win.

I'm also planning a water homebirth!! very very exciting to me anyway. happy sigh. so excited.

I have to go get some stuff done around the house so I'll leave you with our first glimpse of our new addition.. is it Olivia Nicole or Jack (Julian)??

We are waiting until mid January when Tim's parents come in for a visit to go get another ultrasound. We'll find out the sex then! :)

No comments: