Friday, March 30, 2007

JUST KILL ME!

I sooo forgot to post this.. it was the worst moment of my life.... not turning 30, not being pregnant at 16 or having a baby with severe medical problems at 17, not losing my grandmother a few years ago, or the moment I found out my best friend had been murdered (okay, that tops pretty high up there too) anyway. I'm getting overly dramatic here.. but it was pretty bad.. it was just one of those moments in time that actually stop you dead in your tracks and the world stops for just long enough for everything to go in slow motion around you... you can actually hear yourself breathing, and feel yourself thinking because you are so confused it takes some time to process... and here it is.... Dylan wanted to go bowling SO BAD the last few times he's been at our house... but bowling is pretty darn expensive especially when bowling 3 games each only taken an hour and costs you just shy of $50.. it's just not a form of entertainment I'd like to drop that much dough on.. but it's fun... so finally we got to go on Friday night. Cosmic bowling night.. we get there and there is a half hour wait, so we didn't have our bowling shoes so we put our name on the list and rushed home to get our shoes. We get back and we still wound up waiting almost another half hour.. so we get our lane and next to us is this guy bowling by himself.. obviously someone who is there all the time.. he just walked in, didn't have to wait for a lane, nothing.. most of the time one of the people that worked there was sitting talking with him about his "game". On the other side we had a couple probably in their early 20's, next to them was a rowdy GROUP of mostly guys and a handful of girls probably in their mid 20's.... so we started our games... I got my highest score ever 164, I was damn proud, Tim hit every pin except the last frame and wound up with a 195 so of course he was totally ticked... Dylan did okay.. he was bowling in the low 100's which for a 13 year old isn't bad... but the world stopping, slow motion, punch in the gut moment happened somewhere during our 2nd game... I stepped up to bowl just as both the guys on either side of me stepped up to bowl. The "professional" guy on my right was already walking up to throw the ball and the guy next to me looked at me and said "go ahead m'am" OHHHHH MY FUCKING GOD KILL ME NOW! someone called me m'am! What the hell? I'm 30 not 70!!! The guy couldn't have been 5-7 years younger than me and he calls me m'am! Kill me.. just kill me... horrible.. just horrible...

No comments: