Monday, March 05, 2007

The "make it or break it" phrase... 8 words that jerked my attention

When I found out Tim had cheated on me when we first started dating, I always thought that there would be a phrase a sentence, something that would be the "make it or break it" phrase.... whatever those words were, I never did hear them and we continued our relationship and got married. We've now been married for almost 9 years and every once in awhile I still get amazed at the simple things Tim will bring to my attention that throws my entire being out of alignment just long enough to realize sometimes I just don't see the bigger picture.. and here was a perfect example.. for those of you who know Tim, you know he is a man of few words. He's just not a big talker. He talks, but he's not overly chatty as I've always been my entire life. So last night we had one crazy night.. I'm not exactly sure how to explain what went down last night because honestly, I don't know if I'll ever know myself what happened. It involved my 2 nephews and their father, their fathers girlfriend and her daughter. I got a call to go pick them up, all I could think about was getting to them.. I stopped downstairs just long enough to ask Tim if he was going to come with me.. he did. On the way he was chatting about who the hell knows what, and it was frusterating me.. I just was concentrating on getting to my boys, and getting them out of whatever situation it was.. so after everything Tim and I are talking and I asked him WTF he was talking about on the way over to get them and he says "I was trying to get your mind off of everything" and I told him then that he needs to realize whenever there is a problem with any of those 3 boys that I go into "mom" mode, all I can think about is them until I know they are okay.. I can't go into some "chat" about some co-worker, or the dishes in the sink.. I'm totally focused, I hear nothing around me, it's just my mom mode.. I told him how much all 3 of our boys mean to me, the bond we have, and how I would die if there wasn't something I did to prevent them from getting hurt physically/emotionally... so Tim says "you don't think I love those boys too" that was IT for me.. it's something that throws my entire perspective off of my entire thinking of my husband.. it's not as if I don't realize he has a heart, and he hangs out with these kids for hours on end playing xbox and other games.. but having it said out loud like that just makes me see what a great guy I married... it's funny how you learn something new every day even about the man you've lived with for almost 9 years!

No comments: