Monday, March 26, 2007

Religous delemma's.....

yes, so last night Tim was cleaning the garage and asked me if I wanted to decorate for Easter. With his birthday party coming up in two weekends I figured it would be nice to have the house decorated for Easter considering Easter is the very next day (April 8th). So I brought out all the little bunnies and chicks and put them in various places around the house. I didn't take my allergy pills last night so as I lay awake thinking somehow I got to thinking about Jesus hanging on the cross dead and rising again 3 days later which is now our Easter Sunday. So my question is, how do we know he was dead to begin with? With medical science we now know that we buried George Washington alive. He had leach therapy and they sucked so much blood out of him, his heartbeat was so faint they thought he was dead. They buried him and years later, unburied him and discovered scratch marks in the top of his coffin.. this must have happened time and time again because eventually people were buried with a string around their finger which was then attached to a bell and someone had to stand watch in the graveyard to make sure that within a few days that the bell did not ring. If it did, they unburied the person.. hence the phrase "dead ringer". Anyway.. so Jesus was whipped for hours bleeding all over the place then he had to drag his cross miles bleeding the whole way, then they nailed him to the cross, again bleeding all over the place... so where is there proof that he stopped breathing that his heart stopped beating and he was clincally dead? We have no proof... in fact, while we are on the topic of the big J.C. I'd like to know what person in today's day and age would believe any teenager that came up preggers and declared they had never had relations with any man.. yeah right.. sorry, I'm having issues in religious beliefs today... I believe that humans need to follow rules and laws, otherwise we'd be out there killing each other over road rage and other stupid things, and I'm all for treating others how you would want to be treated.. but believing stories when only 1 in 5,000 people could actually write in that day and time... I dunno.. leaves a tons of holes in those stories.. too many questions, too many medical facts that today are common knowledge.. hmmmm any comments?

No comments: