Monday, May 07, 2007

chopped liver....???

Okay, so along goes the saying "what am I chopped liver?" I blog about Blue and my friend/co-workers dogs being put down.. and here I sit day in and day out not ever blogging about Sidney.. the best cat I could ever ask for and many people don't even know I own a cat! I got her from my sister's friend Amy before Tim and I met. She has been with me though a ton of crap in my life and always knows just when to approach me to snuggle when I cry. Her fur has been soaked with my tears time and time again. She is approaching her 14th birthday and as she's getting older Tim and I are starting to notice just little things that show us she is entering her older senior years. She is definately slower when climbing the stairs, she misses the counter when she jumps, she hangs on the banister and now sometimes falls, she has become much thinner in just a few months... she doesn't yet seem to be in any pain but I can tell she is becoming just a bit slower day to day... for whatever reason I only take her to the vet clinic at Pet-co for her annual shots. I've never had any reason to have to take her to a vet, she's never been sick or hurt. I would love to know just how long she'll last because I know I'll never be able to replace the most perfect cat. The cat that makes cat haters love cats, the cat that never makes messes, always goes in her litter box, gives you more love than you could ever ask for, and never has demanded anything in return expect to love her back. I know cats can live into their 20's, however, watching her slow down makes me think it will be sooner rather than later, and it saddens me because I know I'll never have a female cat as perfect as she... she plays fetch, talks, jumps up on your shoulders when you get home, and has mommy is sad radar. Tim has already announced that we will not be getting anymore animals after the ones we have now die, but I know I'll be on a quest not long after Sidney passes.. and I know I'll never be able to replace her, but I know I'll try.

1 comment:

The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

Yep. I never knew you had a cat. Crazy. Did you know that I have a snow leopard? Nah, I don't really. I just wanted to see if you knew me or not. LOL!