Friday, May 11, 2007

GUILTY!

Juan Luna was found GUILTY on all 21 counts yesterday at 6:30pm Chicago time! For once in my life I was so glad I was wrong. I had been predicting for weeks that he was going to walk on account of all the eff ups by not only Palatine PD but The Museum of Science and Industry. I had talked to Cathy a few times about it and she was sure that he was going to get convicted and then sing like a canary.. and I'm hoping that exactly happens so for once and for all we can know who exactly was involved and why. Channel 5 news inadvertantly called Mike "Manny" last night.. his fathers name.. which has really ticked me off.. I mean the guy got the death sentence for going to work, can you at least prounounce Michael correctly? Give the dead people, the innocent people the respect they desearve.. and I can only imagine his dad's reaction.. hopefully he didn't hear it. I'm fearing that we may never hear what really went down, what was going through their minds, what really set them on the spree... how someone could be so cold as others begged for their lives.. will they hear their voices for the remainder of their lives echoing in their minds as they serve out their days in prison? Will the images haunt them? Will they feel guilty? Will their family feel guilty? How could you be the mother of a murder? Would you feel guilty for giving birth to that person? Would you feel you failed the world for not being a better parent for not seeing the signs that your child was going down the wrong path? and that brings me to more questions.. I was asking this to Cathy last night.. we have heard that 4 other people asked for the night off that fatal Friday night... did Rico and Mike usually have the night off? Did they take the place of those that should have died? Would the entire scene have gone down as it did? One of the people "Bam Bam" had a temper in high school and was pretty strong.. I'm wondering if he could have gone crazy on them and beat the crap out of them.. or would the scene have played out into the restaurant? into the streets or parking lot? would their be blood spatters on windows, on the seats in the restaurant? Would some of them made it out a live if he would have put up a fight and not begged for his life as I imagine Mike and Rico did?


and today I sit and am wearing my new butterfly t-shirt that read "I'm not IMPRESSED" and a co-worker of mine comes up to me and says "I lost 4.8lbs at my weigh in last night" and I'm JUMPING up and down, screaming, shreiking, high fiving excited.. I guess my shirt isn't 100% correct today.. I got on the scale myself and was back up to 156.2.. ughhh I can't win....

Mother's Day weekend.. ohhhh did I mention Katie is preggers! Go ERIC! lol! full weekend.. tonight going out for dinner for Mother's Day, tomorrow breakfast with Tim (it's a date), tomorrow night dinner with Katie, Eric, Chrissy, and Devin then later Sunday is Lily's birthday party followed by Mother's Day at Tim's aunts house. whew.. another weekend I'm excausted just talking about!

No comments: