Monday, June 11, 2007

date night

Well if you know me at all you know I'm part polish part Jewish and as my mother likes to tell friends and family, I can make Lincoln scream if I need too.. I make car sales men cringe as I walk in the door.. they know their deal won't be complete for hours.. My HP in hand calculating out every last penny and then I throw out even more at them even when they think they have me... the last time a $40,000 truck for $31,000... I'm upset that I didn't learn more technique (other than beating the crap out of my husband after he breaks ever cardinal rule in a car sales office) from my Uncle Bob who actually had the sales guys just begging him to leave with the car after hours and hours of back and forth... I think the guy offered them 10 cents on the dollar for a Cadillac one time.. seriously.. the man was a force to be reckoned with.. so here it is Monday night which is normally bike night for our neighbors, myself, and my husband.. Apparently all of our regulars were either busy or sick and couldn't come out tonight so it was just Tim & I. We made our way to Dundee (the short bike ride) in less than 30 minutes and decided to eat dinner at a bar called Diamond Jims. I've never been there but my boss raves about the food any chance she gets.. so we stop in the place is EMPTY! We go to the bar I order a water with lemon and Tim a Miller light (but what else) we grab some menus and head to a table to figure out what to get.. I talk Tim into a French Dip which I knew he'd love and I wind up with a cheeseburger over a salad.. not sure how that happened but the diet starts tomorrow! We got our food, ate really fast, went to DQ got some ice cream, and biked back.. it was an amazing night out.. so great for riding, even better for sharing it with just Tim. I love riding on our bike path.. you get miles away from the world and there are views that people didn't even know existed in their own town.. it's just amazing.. you don't see or hear cars for miles, sometimes you don't see people for miles.. the birds, the squirrels, deer, chipmunks all scamper over the path in front of you... it's just heaven. It really cooled down on our ride back, but that was fine.. our bellies full the cool breeze through the trees and along our bodies felt great... we got home and we're cleaning up around the house... Okay not the dream date that most anyone would expect.. but it's these kind of nights that I know that Tim and I are just right for each other. Any other night, maybe not! j/k!! ;)

No comments: