Tuesday, June 19, 2007

the end of the rainbow

soooo after removing the evil IUD I decided that gaining 26lbs in 2 months and not being able to ever get my weight back down, I better try to jump start my body into detoxing. I recieved a gift certificate for my 30th birthday from a neighbor I helped out when she got her puppy Nala... anyway.. So the gift cert was a good enough chunk of change for me to go to this spa and get two different services.. I chose a 60 minute massage and a herbal body wrap. I was hoping that between the two it might help my body realize it needs to get rid of all the "ickys" so to speak.. so I called the spa and asked about 40 zillion questions and the girl was more than willing to set up the services to help me figure out the best attack for my buck! Anyway.. so it was all set up, time set, etc.. then I find out yesterday morning it wasn't at the location I thought. I had thought I was calling their spa that is close to my work.. of course not.. but as luck would have it, we were slow at work so I left 5 minutes early and got some directions that took me down back roads to avoid traffic.. and it worked like a charm! Got there with plenty of time to spare... anyway.. I walk in and they bring me to a locker room and gave me a locker with a key, a robe and showed me where to change and then showed me a room to come to when I was ready. The room was called the relaxation room and it was this room that was really dark, almost like a sauna warm with wood slatt walls, then there was this bench.. the bench was concrete and the room was octagon and it went all the way around the room.. the bench was shaped to the curves the body and it was HEATED! total heaven.. in the middle of the room was a glass table that was also a water fountain with rocks and candles.. first I filled out some basic paper work then into the massage.. I asked for Lavendar essential oil to be used and it was a great massage although I'm really used to my sports/deep tissue massages and after the massage lady told me that my ham strings are extremly tight and she didn't want to work on them long because she didn't feel I was letting go.. strange.. my other massage ladies like me because I'm normally like puddy for them! lol! anyway.. then back to the relaxation room with some water etc. Then the second lady came and got me for the body wrap.. OMG kill me... she first rubbed down my arms/legs a loofah kind of thing that were gloves, then she rubbed me down with more essential oil, then she had me stand up and put burning hot towels down on the table, then had me lay down, more hot towels over me, then wrapped me from underneath the table in basically foil. I looked like left overs.. then while I was sitting in that she gave me a scalp massage.. omg kill me.. then after that I went back to the locker room for a steam shower.. omg again kill me they had the shower head that was like the size of a small pizza on the ceiling.. and then another hand held shower head if you didn't want the over head on.. plus she gave me a huge basket of shower gels, shampoo, conditioner and a really big fluffy towel.. I was in heaven.. after the shower I went to the sink and they had a huge supply of every type of tolietry you could think of.. contact lense solution, deoderant, face wash, hand/body soap, lotion, hair dryers, brushes, combs, hair spray/gel, cotton balls, q tips, etc etc etc it was great.. I walked out to pay and got 25% off for having back to back services so my total was low enough to pay tips and everything on the card! it was great.. I walked outside and it had been raining HARD when I was getting my 2 services done and of course the sun was again shining so as I started walking to my car I realized there was the best biggest brightest rainbow I'd ever seen in my life.. talk about a scene out a movie.. how could life get any better than this?? I'll tell ya.. I went home and Tim had made pork chops, mixed veggies, and a great fruit salad.. it was a amazing and perfect end to my day...

No comments: