Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Idiot Sightings...

Idiot sightings:>>> IDIOT SIGHTING> Hubby and I had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told> us that one of our problems was that we did not have a "large" enough motor> on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one> Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said,> "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2> was larger than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not. Four is larger than two." We> haven't used Sears repair since.> _____________________________________________> > IDIOT SIGHTING: I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor> call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the> Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by> cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing> anymore." From Kingman , KS> ______________________________________________________> > IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a> taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He> said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. He was a Chef? Yep...From> Kansas City !> ______________________________________________________> > IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an> airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your> knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I> know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."> Happened in Birmingham , Ala.> ______________________________________________________> > IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when its safe to cross> the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine.> She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals> blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are> blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS> _______________________________________________________> IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker: She> was leaving the company due to "downsizing." Our manager commented cheerfully,> "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We> all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This> was a bunch at Texas Instruments.> > ________________________________________________________> IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back> into itself, and for the sake of her own life, couldn't understand why her> system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no> less.> ________________________________________________________> IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership> to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to> the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the> driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively> tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced> to the technician, "Its open!" His reply, "I know - I already got that> side."> This was at the Ford dealership in Mobile, Alabama> ______________________________________________________________________> > STAY ALERT!> They walk among us, they REPRODUCE and they VOTE!!

No comments: