Thursday, June 08, 2006

"...and I've carried this picture in my wallet for the last 37 years"

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away"

and here was another example in my life. My mother in law's retirement party. Her co-workers made a Scottish theme and with my husband on my side in his kilt and his father on my other side also in his kilt I sat and watched the presentations made for her. Some silly, some sady, some just off the wall..... but then my father in law who wanted to contribute to the event got up and decided to show off some pictures of his bride... a picture of her on a horse when she was maybe 2 or 3, a picture of her sitting on the lawn looking BEAUTIFUL as a teenager, an awesome picture of her in her wedding dress standing between bushes that I'd never seen, a picture of her when they were dating, and lastly as he said it "the picture I've carried in my wallet for the last 37 years".... not a dry eye in the room especially mine.... so very touching to witness how totally in love my husbands parents are. I am in awe.

No comments: