Sunday, June 04, 2006

Not a good weigh in followed by walking with Pat

So Saturday morning I woke up and weighed myself and the scale didn't lQQk bad when I was naked so I figured, ahhh I'll be okay.... just go in face the music, weigh in then if I want I won't have to weigh in again for an entire month. Stay for the meeting, get the benefits of the meeting, which is exactly what I did. I gained 2.4lbs I'm now back up to 149.4! ugghh right under my goal. Journaling here I come. I did learn one thing about myself at the meeting, I knew it before but saying this out loud confirmed it. I will eat 3 cupcakes even though the first two do not taste good because I'm seeking out the "O" mouth factor that will never come. If it didn't come the first cupcake it ain't coming my the 3rd when I've eaten all the points.

I joined a challenge on the Lifetime thread. It's basically coming up with any goal for yourself and striving to make those goals by July 4th. My goals are to get TOM eating under control (the week before and the week of TOM are totally out of control), journaling, working out (keep reading for my thoughts on this), not eating when I'm not hungry, and only eating what is tasting good to me and lately my regular things I used to love... I'm just not liking which is good.

Well after my weigh in I went over to Pat's house to go walking... Pat is a lady I used to work out with at LWE and Julie ran into her this week at the library! What luck! They exchanged emails and we started planning to meet to walk. She lives in Algonquin Lakes which has some AWESOME walking paths that go along natural trails and lakes within her subdivision. Very pretty and A GREAT workout! Uphill, downhill, flat, winding in and out of houses, townhouses, schools, ball fields, streets, you name it. On our walk we were talking about how we found out LWE was closing and we had a similar experience. Both of us had been there Tuesday, didn't go Wednesday, then showed up Thursday to the "we are closed" pink highlighter sign. Pat told me how panicked and upset and then depressed she became about it and how much she missed the workout and the other women she worked out with. Since not having a workout place to go to we've both been sitting at home at that time during the day (5:30) wondering what to do with ourselves. I know that around 7pm every night I think to myself, It's 7pm and I still haven't worked out! aughh. Since LWE I've been obsessive about making sure that I have some activity in my life each day although it seems that I've been slacking at it. It sucks that before my workout was taken care of. Any extra activity I did on my own was well EXTRA, which was awesome! There was no thinking involved, I stopped there on my way home and just did it. Good news is we are going on a bike ride today in with the hood, so my exercise is taken care of.

No comments: