Wednesday, November 08, 2006

random emails....

from my sister.. subject line: JUST MY LUCK

I was driving by a church today and I saw two Hearses parked in front. I thought - Oh My what a tragedy, two lives lost. I wonder what happened?
As I drove a little closer I saw, No, two lives were not lost, one Hearse was broken down with the hood up. And I thought, you know that would be just my luck. You're dead, it's the last trip you are making on earth, all you want is to be laid to rest, and the damn Hearse BREAKS DOWN!!!!

I wonder if the deceased was one of those people who is ALWAYS late for everything?
That would be hilarious!


from my neighbor Pam after I had a cr@p @zz day yesterday.. LONG STORY THERE

Melissa, you are very motivating. In general, I think you're just a
very positive, happy, friendly person! You are the life of our
neighborhood and the website. You are good at helping people to feel
good about themselves. You also have a knack for getting folks
involved.

I know I'm not as "into" things as you are, but considering the fact
that before I met you and Carolyn, I did NO exercise at all, did
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about my weight gains, and in fact just sat around my
house feeling depressed and miserable (partly chemical issues (dumb
brain), partly self pity, and partly bad habits), you have helped me a
lot. I'm exercising some, made new friends, realized I CAN lose weight
if I try, my house is getting cleaned up, I've had people over, I've
gotten out to more neighborhood get-togethers, and I'm not feeling like
I'd like to sleep and sleep and sleep!!! So, thank you to Melissa
especially, but also Carolyn, Pat and Julie!!!! (Also anti-depressants,
therapy, and an awesome mom.)

I don't always have time to respond to your email, but I do read it.
Even though I don't get out walking as much as I'd like or should, it is
so nice knowing you're all there for me and would help me out in any way
if I asked for it.

No comments: