Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FINALLY made it up the grassy knoll!

I've been trying to make it up this grassy hill at the back of our park in our subdivision for YEARS! I could never make it.. well... I'm not one to ever switch gears on my bike and finally even newbie bikers are making up this hill and I'm seriously like WTF!!!! So I figured there *must* be a trick to it, as there is.. those darn gears really do help! lol! I never take it out of 3-7 the highest gear for any reason.. even the Hill Of Death or HOD as we lovingly call it... so I finally started messing around and put it in 1-7 last night.. yeah no go.. made it farther than I ever have and then slipped and actually fell off my bike.. but another couple people decided to ride back down and try it again.. so I was off and determined.. 2nd try I put it in 1-1 and that didn't work because I was laughing my arse off at another guy who was slapping my husband on the ass as he rode PAST him on the hill.. not an easy feat mind ya! So again I rode down VERY DETERMINED to kill this hill! Another neighbor girl yelled "try 1-3" sure enough 1-3 worked like a charm! It wasn't that bad, almost easy! lol!

So Tim is trying to push me forward in life, I'm feeling.. yesterday he was the one who opted for a bike ride rather than just letting me go to the gym by myself to run off lifes frusterations.. which I've badly needed since Thursday night.. and then today we booked our trip to Punta Cana 7 nights/8days/all inclusive.. sun fun drinks food beach.. me and tim.. just us.. we need it.. and at only $631 I couldn't pass it up.. we even upgraded for $90 to a suite with a jacuzzi and what not! Great deal. I'm pretty happy and now have *something* to look forward to.

I talked to Dan briefly yesterday afternoon and he said he was doing pretty well considering.. actually worked yesterday and got his mind off it for a bit.. which I think it good. I wish I had blogs from when Nicole/Jade died so I could remember all my steps although I'm thinking I just pushed forward with work.. we were busy then.. 90 hour weeks were not uncommon..

No comments: