Wednesday, July 11, 2007

great night for a ride

ahh tried to drum up some interest in a bike ride tonight with people from the hood.. no bites.. sucks.. but cool at the same time. wound up biking just the two of us up to Crystal Lake DQ got a slushie and came back home.. it was so beautiful riding up there and back.. and I can not express just how much I truely love summer.. the full green trees, brush, grass, plants... everything blooming and as you ride you get wiffs of different scents through the trees.. sometimes a bon fire, sometimes flowers or berries... sometimes just clean fresh crisp air.. and today was just so perfect.. the sky the most perfect blue, the most perfect sunshine, white puffy clouds, a nice cool breeze.. the temp at the highest around 77 today... just gorgeous.. this is the day, this is the reason, this is it for me.. the best days of life.. even though I spent a majority of the day cooped up in my office, I get the chance to be free for just a few minutes of time, my thoughts a million miles away not even paying attention to the fact that I'm working my ass off up hill all the way up to Crystal Lake.. but the easy down hill ride all the way home had me totally silent not even trying to keep conversation going.. just too exhausting, and such a great time to think about life.. what's going on here... so there it was after the hill of death, the question looming between Tim & I.. of course my answer only returned with him laughing... ughh yes.. 20 years from now.. maybe 40 years from now can we stay in good enough shape to be able to ride like we do today 18 miles easily in our retirement.. I told him how much I loved the green, the trees full, the blue sky.. and he comments on our plans to move to Arizona sooner than later, eventually we know we will retire to Arizona but how soon we can get there before retirement is the looming question between us.. I can move at any time, just put in for the transfer, sell the house, let's go... he comments on the colors there versus here.. can we do the 6 months back and forth... no answer.. I guess I have 40 years to find out... and again.. there is a plan, sometimes we don't know why things happen and years later we look back and see why... just wondering what it is that is keeping us here... I hate snow, driving in it, hearing about it.. the bitter cold.. my dog hates it.. I don't blame him.. the most weight he's ever held is 5.5lbs and no fur. the fact that winter keeps me from a majority of outdoor activities... Julie did try to get me to try snow shoeing last year or was it cross country skiing?? Either way.. never got any gear to try.. sledding even suck.. I always get hurt doing stupid shit like that.. or is it a control issue for me? not sure. Either way I'm rambling... life is good today.

No comments: