Tuesday, July 17, 2007

sometimes SEX just happens....

umm okay.. a line I heard on the radio this morning on my way to work.. after having been married for 9 years now I have to say that THAT line is true... however, the woman was speaking of extramarrital affairs.. so in THAT case.. I'm not so sure.. why are you putting yourself in any type of situtation that might even allow for sex to happen when you are married? Then she went on to explain how there is a difference between love and sex (I agree) and that the sex outside of her marriage is what helped her see that she wanted to stay with her husband forever etc. Yeah I'VE PERSONALLY heard this line before, and it's funny.. I married the bastard who used it on me.. insane right? I agree... okay.. so that brings us to many many other topics, but the main topic of this radio discussion was actually how many partners studies have show people have before marriage... they say 12 is the magic number to finding true sexual compatitbilitiy... hmmm 12 huh? I didn't have 12, TIM sure didn't have even half the number I had and yet we are married.. but yes it's true.. we are hardly compatable at all in ANY AREA but we love each other and have MADE our marriage work. So now my question is, what areas of compatability of historically a necessity in marriage for them to be successful? And as far as sleeping with 12 different people before marriage, how does that constitute AHH I FOUND THE PERFECT LOVEAHHHHH SO WE'RE GETTING MARRIED AND WILL BE HAPPY FOREVER? Can I ask? Dare I ask? As I said, Tim and I are not sexually compatable on any level whatsoever BUT I am in love with him.... so really do studies and people who do these studies see my marriage as a fraud or not healthy simply because we aren't compatable in really any area?

No comments: