Friday, July 13, 2007

my 10,000 post on SSL website..

Friday the 13th.. what an appropriate time to post my 10,000th post.. is this good luck or bad.. or is it just all a state of mind… anyway.. for my 10,000th post as this Saturday will be dedicated to the main reason I wrote my story to Edy’s telling them what a wonderful neighborhood I live in and why I love living here so much.. I have to be 100% honest here in first saying I have no clue as to what exactly I wrote in that essay, but apparently between Erika and myself we made a big enough impact to both be winners in that contest… I’m sure everyone else who entered had very similar comments to make about Silverstone Lake as a whole and everyone one HERE on this website are what make this subdivision such a great place.. secondly (my 100% honest comments) I really really really do not like our house. I don’t.. not at all.. I miss our old sprawling 3,000 square foot home with a 4 car garage that spoiled the first 4 years of our marriage.. something I’ll probably never again retain in my lifetime.. but as much as I miss the HOUSE I don’t miss the constant traffic, the lack of yard space, the fact that the neighborhood in itself just was not safe… I now take comfort in the fact that if my dog gets loose I’ll have umpteen neighbors out on the hunt for him helping me in the matter of minutes with a few simple phone calls, the fact that if my husband is out of town and I’m sleeping in my home alone I have 2 ex military men one living on the other side of the wall from me and the other 100 feet directly across the street again both an easy phone call away and both always willing to help in any situation amongst many other neighbors I could call and have help in multiple type situations in a flash… I also take comfort knowing that while some people don’t even know I own a cat when she has gotten loose for 3+ days at a time even those neighbors who like I said didn’t know she existed actually dropped what they were doing and helped me look for her. I love the fact that if my husband wants to host a poker game even though we own not one table and very few folding chairs, somehow we can manage to scrounge up 6-8 tables and 40 chairs in a matter of minutes, if I need a cup of sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, flour, brown sugar, chocolate chips or all of the above I can walk less than 100 feet and get them from a friendly neighbor who never asks for me to replace these things because they were just happy to help… that my 13 year old son has run of the neighborhood and really, I never need to worry even if it’s dark.. he’ll be home eventually.. and if I really need him I can ask whomever is outside and I normally find someone who saw him riding this way or that.. The friendships that I have made here within the confines of our almost little town within a town are some that I am sure will last a lifetime.. even when Tim and I move on with our lives and move out of Silverstone or others who have moved on we will always be linked to SSL in some manner. Tim and I take pride in being one of the first couples to build and live here in SSL, remembering the days we used to take walks up to Marble, Slate, and Limestone when those streets didn’t even exist, we watched the neighborhood grow and have met many neighbors whom we both value as people we’ve come to befriend and even better we’ve come to trust. To every example I’ve written I can think of a hundred other reasons I love SSL as much as I do and could go on and on… so to everyone out there in SSL land, thanks for being you! xoxo

No comments: